Sunday, April 6, 2014

It Mutated!

Hey Everybody

Still working, but things have been slow as I'm trying to prep for a new baby in my family.

I've decided to cut back from a native app program to all web based, which I was a lot stronger at doing in the first place.  This means less worrying about the better platforms, or how to create something that works on iPhones and Android tablets seamlessly, and more just focusing on server backends and mobile web frond ends.  The only problem is your device will have to be connected to the internet.

This first stage is going to be a lot simplier, too.  It's just a spends calculator.  Here is a rough copy of what I'm building to test with Milwaukee Beasts, the WtA LARP I run:

Currently it takes the drop down menu and the field to it's right and adds it to an array, then displays the array.  There are two arrays, one for the experience and one for downtime actions.

Once I start getting the databases integrated, it will have a login, and allow players to make basic spends on their own, straight into the database, and send emails to the storytellers on more complex ones for verification.  This will really streamline some of the out of game maintenance, all from your web connected device.

ZBott out!

No comments:

Post a Comment