Friday, April 11, 2014

Champagne Wishes and HTML Emails

Hey all,

I got it shooting out HTML formatted emails, still looks ugly.  Here, take a look:

And here is some sample text email I sent myself to my Gmail account:
I added the reply box as proof.

Other than proving I can be crass, what it's doing is shooting data to me, formatting it for ease of reading, and pop!  Not the most impressive thing in the world, but it's to show I am working on my days off.

What I'll be focusing on next is making it easier to read, better laid out, and researching a decent web hosting service so I can get this online.

Once I have this online and running, the next stage will be managing the games.  This is where it's tricky with my budge: The service must allow me to host games that look like PBBG (Persistent Browser Based Games), which some hosting services will not allow for basic hosting services.  Once I can get it up and running, head storytellers/game master/dungeon masters/etc can make email lists for themselves.  I'll be making it where orgs can also host a series of chronicles, so they'll be grouped together.  From there downtime spends will be sent to all appropriate addresses within a single chronicle.

I'll be posting more updates as they come,
ZBott out!

Update!  I got a bit more formatting done, so I'm showing off:

I blued my email address.  Otherwise if you have any ideas on how I should set up color schemes, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment