Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Version 0.04 and KickStarter

Hey all,

I've finally got the program to start doing some of the stuff I want, like pass data back and forth from the database.  Officially I'm now onto version 0.04, which means flushing out the character generator, and displaying more data.  It will take a bit as I work out how to store gifts and rites, traits, abilities, and an inventory.  With the amount of work I've been getting done, hopefully I can zip through this a lot faster.

So in the next few weeks I'll be releasing a Kickstarter project, and here is what I want to know from you: What rewards should I offer for donations, and how much should I aim to receive?

So far my scheme is going to be:

$1: Personal thanks and added to the update list
$10: Free copy of the software
$100: Have your name listed on the special thanks page.
$250: Free set up of one game, plus entering in the first 25 characters into your database, or all if they are already entered into Grapevine. (I plan on charging for set up of games in the future to help cover costs for travel, food, and gas)
$500: Set up and desk support for the first three games of one that the donator wishes to run, including entering in all characters and setting up the rules and house rules supplement.
$1000: Same as the $500 level, but for a whole year, also get one of the text bed equipment coming preloaded with the v1.0 of Mobile GrapeVine when completed. (limit 10)

Good?  Bad?  Brutto?

As for my goal, I think somewhere in the $20,000 to $50,000 range should cover me for the first six months to year, however is that a realistic expectation from table top and LARP gamers?

Anyways, let me know in comments below what you think.

Later all,

ZBott

4 comments:

  1. Can you send me an email about the demo you have worked up?
    I play in One World by Night, I'm the CM for the Atlanta chronicle and I'm very interested in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a fully flushed out demo yet, I'll be releasing one at v.10. Part of the reason is I don't have enough things working at my v.03 stage to make any sense.

      At Android v.10, though, I will be releasing it to the Android Market/Google Play.

      Lastly, So I launched a kickstarter recently: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1220609366/mobile-grapevine

      Please donate, or pass along the info, because the powers that be know how much I could use the help.

      Delete
  2. I'll be donating to the kickstarter, and linking the project to my games :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started my Kickstarter, and if you could let people know that would help me out immensely.

      Delete